Bellevue’s Musculoskeletal Center was founded by renowned orthopedic surgeon Professor Ghassan Maalouf and holds a team of highly experienced and reputed physicians that specialize in various orthopedic sub-divisions.
Patients that visit the center can expect a well-rounded service and treatment options that provide them with the highest recovery chances. The multidisciplinary approach is implemented by a team of orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists, sports medicine specialists, surgeons, physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals, that continue to combine their skills, experience and know-how to achieve positive outcomes and high successful recovery rates.
The unit boasts a large patient ward with specialized rooms and a perfectly outfitted physiotherapy and rehabilitation area. The center also features an elaborate ER department designed as a trauma center, as well as operating rooms that are fully dedicated to orthopedic surgery and follow the highest and safest medical standards. Patient rooms are equipped to provide each patient with a most comfortable and healing hospital stay.
In addition, the center’s design maximizes on efficiency by strategically connecting the different departments to serve and treat patients in optimal conditions and reduce waiting time, especially in painful situations.
Bellevue’s Musculoskeletal Center offers a slew of treatments, procedures and operations that include:
- Spinal Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Arthrosis – Medical, Surgical and Innovative Joint Replacement Procedures
- Arthroscopic Management of Knee, Shoulder, Ankle, Elbow and Wrist Problems
- Sports Injury Treatment
- Rheumatology Conditions
- Bone Metabolism Diseases Including Osteoporosis
- Bone Deformities
- Fractures due to Trauma or Fragility
With 55 sq. m of operating rooms, the Musculoskeletal Center is purposefully designed to cater to orthopedic surgery needs through special laminar flow and unique ventilation units. The ward follows the highest and safest medical standards and features advanced equipment and high-tech medical tools that include:
- CT Scan
- Fluoroscopy X-Ray
- Bone Densitometry (I-DEXA)
A Unique Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Center
To maximize utility and recovery chances, the center’s physiotherapy space is strategically divided into wet and dry areas.
The dry area includes:
- A gymnasium with a wide range of specialized equipment for different types of rehabilitation
- Private physiotherapy cubicles outfitted with the most advanced equipment
- Shortwave and Ultrasound Wave Therapy equipment
- Paraffin and Parafango Thermal Therapy equipment
The wet area includes:
- A three-level hydrotherapy pool with monitored water temperature of 34˚C, a counter-current system and hydro massage for a faster healing process
- Bath stations for upper and lower extremities
- Aqua bikes
- Water Jet Massage Therapy equipment
For more information about Bellevue’s Musculoskeletal Center, please call 01-682666 ext. 1200.