A New Healthcare Model
Under the Patronage of his Excellency the Minister of Public Health Dr. Jamil Jabak.
Bellevue Medical Center in partnership with the Syndicate of Hospitals in Lebanon, Planetree international and Joint Commission International Cordially invites you to attend a conference entitled:
The Person-Centered Care: A New Healthcare Model
September 27- 28, 2019
Place: Bellevue Medical Center
- To convene local and national leaders about person-centered care approaches
- To share best practices about patient experiences and identify ways to enhance patient experience within the healthcare
- To promote the Person-Centered Care Model which showed evidence of improving both, the patient and staff experience within healthcare, leading to higher patient satisfaction rate, lower rates of readmission and lower costs of healthcare.
People who should attend this conference:
- Hospital Leaders: CEOs, VPs, etc.
- Nursing Directors and Managers
- Policy Makers
- Public Insurers
- Insurance Representatives
- Suppliers leaders
- Quality Directors and Managers
- Healthcare Managers and Supervisors
- Physicians and House Staff
- Registered Nurses
- Administrative Staff
- HR Managers and Staff
- Any person interested in quality improvement initiatives
Day 1: Friday, September 27, 2019
|8:00 am – 8:50 am||Registration|
|Session 1: Putting Patients First|
|8:50 am – 9:00 am||Welcome Note||Mr. Nayef Maalouf, President and CEO Bellevue Medical Center|
|9:00 am – 9:30 am||The Brave New World of Patient Engagement||Dr. Susan B. Frampton, President of Planetree|
|9:30 am – 9:50 am||Role of Nurses Within the Health Care System: Year 2020||Dr. Myrna Doumit, President of Order of Nurses|
|9:50 am – 10:10 am||From Doctor-Centered Care to Person-Centered Care||Dr. Charaf Abou Charaf, President of Order of Physicians|
|10:10 am – 10:30 am||Panel Discussion and Q&A||Dr. Susan B. Frampton, Dr. Myrna Doumit, Dr. Charaf Abou Charaf|
|10:30 am – 11:00 am||Coffee Break|
|Opening Ceremony: The Person-Centered Care: A New Healthcare Model
Moderated by Dr. Nabil Kronfol, Founder of the Lebanese Healthcare Management Association
|11:00 am – 11:10 am||Official Welcome Note||Prof. Ghassan Maalouf, Vice President of Medical Affairs at Bellevue Medical Center|
|11:10am – 11:30 am||Universal Healthcare Coverage and People-Centered Care||Dr. Walid Ammar, General Director of the Ministry of Public Health|
|11:30am – 11:50 am||Humanization of Hospitals: Challenges and Opportunities||Mr. Suleiman Haroun, President of Syndicate of Hospitals|
|11:50am – 12:00 am||A Word from the Minister of Public Health||Dr. Jamil Jabak, Minister|
|12:00pm – 1:00 pm||Round Table|
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Lunch Break|
|Session 2: Reforming the Healthcare through Person-Centered Care
Moderated by Mrs. Karin Jay, Senior Vice-President of Planetree International – Global Services
|2:00 pm – 2:30 pm||Why Change is Hard and What you Can Do to Make it Easier||Mrs. Paula Wilson, President and CEO of Joint Commission Resources and JCI|
|2:30 pm – 3:00 pm||Planetree Model of Person-Centered Care: History and Current Practices Around the World||Dr. Susan B. Frampton, President of Planetree|
|3:00 pm – 3:20 pm||Shifting from Volume-Based to Value-Based Care: Policy and Practice Implications||Dr. Fadi El-Jardali, Chair of Health Management and policy department and founder and director of the knowledge to policy (K2P) center|
|3:20 pm – 3:35 pm||Q&A|
|3:35 pm – 4:00 pm||Coffee Break|
|Session 3: New Approaches to Improve the Patient Experience
Moderated by Dr. Dia Hassan, Planetree Faculty Advisor
|4:00 pm – 4:20 pm||Empathy in the Digital Age||Dr. Ghassan Hamadeh, Chief of Medical Information Technology at AUBMC|
|4:20 pm – 4:40 pm||Patient-Centric Primary Care: Support of WHO Towards Universal Health Coverage||Dr. Alissar Radi, National Professional Officer at the World Health Organization|
|4:40 pm – 5:00 pm||Building Person-Centered Care Culture Through Executive Rounding||Mrs. Rémie Maalouf, Executive Manager and Person-Centered Care Coordinator at Bellevue Medical Center|
|5:00 pm – 5:15 pm||Q&A|
Day 2: Saturday, September 28, 2019
|Session 1: Partnering with Patients & their Families
Moderated by Dr. Nuhad Dumit, Ex-President of Order of Nurses
|9:00 am – 9:20 am||Bedside Shift Report a Best Practices for Person-Centered Care: From Planning to Measurement||Mrs. Najwa Al Shaar, Director of Nursing at Bellevue Medical Center|
|9:20 am – 9:40 am||Palliative Care for Better Care||Dr. Karim Farah, Consultant Physician at Balsam– The Lebanese Center for Palliative Care|
|9:40 am – 10:00 am||Our Voice Matters||Patient Representative|
|10:00 am – 10:15 am||Q&A|
|10:15 am – 10:40 am||Coffee Break|
|Session 2: Caring for the Caregiver
Moderated by Ms. Gladys Mouro, Executive Nursing and Hospital Consultant
|10:40 am – 11:10 am||It’s a Win-Win: Caring for Caregivers Improves Patient Care and Employee Engagement||Mrs. Karin Jay, Senior Vice-President of Planetree International- Global Services|
|11:10am – 11:30 am||Building Positive Teams||Dr. Yolla Zaitoun Masri, Director of Human Resources at Ain Wazein Medical Village|
|11:30am – 11:50 am||Recognition Ceremony|
|11:50am – 12:00 pm||Q&A|
|Session 3: Measuring the Person Experience
Moderated by Dr. Mounir Hajjar, Associate Medical Director for Operations at Bellevue Medical Center
|12:00 pm – 12:20 pm||Impact of Patient Experience Data on Health systems||Dr. Rola Hammoud, President of Lebanese Society for Quality and Safety in Healthcare|
|12:20 pm – 12:50 pm||New or Innovative Methods to Measure Patient and Staff Experience||Mr. Malek Almoosa, CEO, Almoosa Specialist Hospital, KSA|
|12:50 pm – 1:00 pm||Q&A|
|1:00 pm – 1:10 pm||Closure of the Conference|
- Free Registration.
- Register by September 1st, by filling this form.
For more information, contact us on :
Hospital Site Touring:
Bellevue medical center is organizing a hospital-wide tour for conference attendees. The 1-hour tour will give you a chance to see different in-patient units and outpatient areas and will highlight our evidence-based design principles and patient-centered care initiatives associated with enhancing the patient experience.
Places are limited. Pre-registration is a must; confirmation of attendance will be emailed to you prior to the tour date.
First Tour: Saturday from 8:30 till 9:30
For registration, please click here.
Second Tour: Saturday from 13:00 till 14:00.
For registration, please click here.
The event includes different workshops. Seats are limited. Pre-registration is required, you can pay at the hospital by September 10 or you can click here for online payment.
Price: $33 each
On September 27, 2019:
– 9:00-11:00: Person-Centered Care: Practical Approaches
The workshop faculty members will highlight the person-centered care as a conceptual framework and how it could be operationalized into the hospital setting. An initial presentation will be made to clarify the principles of the person-centered approach with a comparison between the traditional model and that of person-centered model and to present various practical steps that can be taken by the hospital in the journey towards becoming a person-centered hospital.
In the second section of the workshop, the participants will be involved in evaluating case studies to highlight the elements that could be introduced or modified to implement the person-centered care model.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Introduce the person-centered care system and emphasize the main features of this system
- Compare the traditional model of patient care with the person-centered care approach
- Highlight practical steps that can be taken during the transition process
- Develop the skills of reviewing individual cases to demonstrate the implementation of the person-centered care in healthcare settings
- Mr. Khalil Rizk, JCI consultant and Advisor to the CEO at Bellevue Medical Center
- Mrs. Suzan Azzam, Total Quality Management Director at Bellevue Medical Center
-14:00-16:00: Forming a Patient and Family Advisory Council
Have you considered bringing the patient to the decision table? It’s the time to do so!
Patient and family advisors play a valuable role in reducing medical errors and improving the safety and quality of health care. Integrating patient advisory groups within the healthcare model is a promising step to achieving ongoing patient engagement, enhancing quality improvement initiatives, and addressing patient experience.
The “Forming a Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) Workshop” will give you the chance to learn about the importance of this group, the best practices on how to form it, as well as gain insight on the models followed by Bellevue Medical Center and AUBMC.
The workshop will provide you with an opportunity to reflect the theory into your own practice by going through an exercise of implementing a PFAC in your own hospital setting.
- Mrs. Rana Chedid, Project Manager at Bellevue Medical Center
- Mrs. Yara Abou Harb, Deputy Director for Patient Affairs at American University of Beirut Medical Center
On September 28, 2019:
– 9:00-11:00: How to Make Your Staff Members Put Themselves into the Shoes of Patients and their Families
One of the essential elements of having a Person-Centered Environment is changing the culture in healthcare organizations. While it is challenging for most of healthcare organizations to change culture, there are certain practices to ignite this evolution. Exposing your staff members to experiential learning sessions where they find the opportunity to put themselves into patients and their families create a big “aha moment” for the staff members and light the candle of person-centered care among them.
In this workshop participants will learn:
· How to plan experiential learning sessions
· How to conduct experiential sessions and potential pitfalls during the program
· How to measure the impact of experiential sessions on staff members
· Be exposed to one or two experiential learning experiences to better understand the concept
- Mr. Ilkay Baylam, Assistant Director, Planetree International
- Ms. Nadine Baroud, HR Manager at Bellevue Medical Center
– 11:30-13:30: Advancing Patient and Family-Centered Care: Partnership Strategies that Work
This workshop will to introduce critical elements of a culture of Patient and Family Engaged care, a logical sequencing for implementation, and to provide practical examples and solutions for organizations focused of supporting person-centered care approaches and culture.
- Increase their ability to draw on the most current literature and scientific evidence to make connections between person- and family-centered approaches to care and improved health and healthcare outcomes.
- Learn more about essential organizational practices, structures and skill-building opportunities that work together to create, strengthen and sustain an organizational culture of person-centered care.
- Be provided with tools to support implementation of a culture change program and patient preferred practices.
Mrs. Karin Jay, Senior Vice-President of Planetree International- Global Services
Call for posters:
All healthcare professionals working in hospitals are invited to submit a poster for presentation in the Person-Centered Care Conference that will take place at Bellevue Medical Center on Sept. 27 and 28, 2019. We welcome posters that share improvement strategies in partnership with the patient / family members / employees / the community and any work done to advance person-centered care.
For more information, please click here or contact us on :
Hotel Recommendations near the Hospital:
- Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace Hotel, for a special rate, please contact Ms. Rawan El Khatib on the following email email@example.com
- Grand Hills Hotel, for a special rate, please click here.
- The Cosmopolitan Hotel, for a special rate, please contact Mrs. Chimene Attieh on Reservations@cosmopolitan.com