Bellevue Medical center is now a patient centered care hospital certified by the Planetree organization!
What is Planetree?
The Planetree organization is a non-profit organization that provides education and information in a collaborative community of healthcare organizations, facilitating efforts to create person centered care in healing environments. It is the global leader in advancing person centered care around the world (www.planetree.org).
Being certified by this organization means that Bellevue Medical Center has obtained the highest level of achievement in person centered care based on evidence based standards. Along with the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, they set high standards of quality, safety, and person centered care offered to our patients and their families.
What does this mean for our patients and their loved ones?
The main principles of person centered care that have been applied at BMC include:
- Promoting patient and family involvement in care and decision making
- Flexible, 24-hour family and friend presence (open visitation)
- Timely access to healthcare information
- Partnership with caregivers, through the care partner program
- Arts and entertainment programs
- Offering integrative medicine modalities
- Promoting a healing environment and allocating healing spaces for patients, families, visitors and caregivers
Person centered care also impacts hospital employees! Caring for the caregiver is an essential aspect of the Planetree certification. Employee engagement and support is fundamental in achieving person centered care requirements.
The hospital is committed, through its mission, vision, and values, to maintain these person centered care principles and to always offer the best possible services to its patients, community, and employees.
“Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success”